This is the recording from a Balticon 46 panel I participated on covering Open Source tools for podcasting.
Here is the description from from the Balticon program guide
Open source and free software allow the beginning podcaster to get started for just the cost of minimal gear and an internet connection.
What most podcasters may not realize is that open tools go well beyond Audacity including support for some surprising audio formats as well as options for no hassle feed management.
Join Thomas Gideon and the panel as they discusses their techniques for producing a mature, multiple format and feed podcast using all open, free tools from scripting to upload including options and alternatives to help meet whatever needs your show may have.
Things we discuss include:
- Kubuntu (a remix of Ubuntu)
- Mumble (voice conferencing)
- iFree Recorder (Skype recording for Windows)
- Levelator (not open source, but free to use)
- Izotope RX2 Noise reduction/removal (not open source, and expensive)
- Audio Hijack Pro